DomDomSoft Manga Reader version 1.4.3 (Beta) release

>> Download <<

In this release:

• Refresh button now will refresh chapters list too.

_________________________________________

Please report errors and request new features by commenting here.

1. Nanoha says:

Đề nghị phía Domdom có 1 bài viết Hướng dẫn sử dụng phan mềm này 1 cách chi tiết. Mình tải về mà chẳng thấy hướng dẫn sử dụng đâu cả đành quay về Manga Meeya mà dùng thôi. Cả cái phần mềm DDS manga downloader nữa cũng cần có 1 file Help đính kèm để mọi người khi tải về có cái mà nghiêm cứu nữa. Nói chung cái DDS 4.5 mới cập nhật dùng đã lắm. Nhưng mục RedHawsScan cũng có nguồn manga gióng Manga Stream thôi mà, sao lại chia ra loại free và not free vậy.

Zeddy Reply:

Cậu bảo RedhawsScan với MS mà “chung nguồn” là cậu chả biết cái gì cả. Cả 2 thằng là 2 nhóm scanlator khác nhau, trans project cũng khác nhau 8-}. Và chúng giống nhau ở chỗ là luôn release bản SHQ mặc dù list manga khá ít nhưng toàn là manga mainstream.

Còn về manual của DDS thiết nghĩ có hay không cũng được, vì vốn dĩ mọi giao diện download cũng như setting nó đều nằm trong option và workspace hết rồi, chỉ thiếu mỗi chữ nổi thôi. DDS phải nói là 1 chương trình cực kì basic và dễ dùng.

2. justice says:

please add fit window feature

thanks

3. raz says:

Feature REQ:
    could you please make the chapter selection space bigger?

because I can’t read the name and number of most of my manga unless I change them from “[manga name] – [ch #] – [Ch Name]” to “ch – [ch #]”

also in case of zip files read the chapter name based upon the name of zip file itself (in case there is only one folder within the zip file) and not name of the folder within the zip file

jason Reply:

I’m also requesting for the space in chapter name, I suggest that when I put the cursur on the name the full name appear like when I download a chapter the full name appear when I put the cursur on it.

please consider, thanks

DomDomSoft Reply:

Yeah i will consider, thx.

4. sodnimda says:

hi there….
    can u make mangareader support drag function in window explorer to open .zip or .rar..
    coz its become easy to us read manga/manhwa, from “open manga dir” or right click to “open with mangareader”.

5. Dyru says:

Heloo bro….
    Can u make this MangaReader can read from Rar/Zip

thats a minus point i think from this mangareader

Keep it up bro…Good work(^.^)/

DomDomSoft Reply:

It can read from rar/zip.

6. manga-addict says:

okay loving this clean reader till now..
    cheers for that bro! :)

my only complain..

FIT TO option.. fit to window may be but the one i am talking about is fit to height or fit to width! esp WIDTH! may be a zoom to width option??
    i mean i can zoom and read the normal pages but the large double page ones need to be dragged around and since mangas are read right to left, the zoomed up pages are all towards left and hence it is a big problem to drag around.. esp if am reading a high quality manga title with lots of doubles/.. so pls consider adding a fit to WIDTH option in the future ver.??
    thanks! :)

DomDomSoft Reply:

Yeah we will consider, thanks.

7. Xamdiz says:

For some reason I can’t open this application anymore.

After I installed all the updates it asked me if I want to add Manga Reader to Windows registry, then I clicked yes, then it suddenly closed itself.

I tried opening it again but it instantly closed itself again. I tried reinstalling a few times and choose not to add to Windows Registry, move it to non-system partition, etc. Nothing works and I can’t open it anymore.

So I installed the old 1.4.2 version, and it worked, before it suddenly got lots of error messages.

I don’t know if there’s anything wrong with my computer. I recently formatted my hdd, but I use the same OS, XP SP3.

Please help me.

Eron Reply:

I think you need delete DomDomSoft in your registry. Please delete all DomDomSoft key belows:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\Shell\DomDomSoft Manga Reader Context Menu

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WinRAR\Shell\DomDomSoft Manga Reader Context Menu

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WinRAR.ZIP\Shell\DomDomSoft Manga Reader Context Menu

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cbz_auto_file\Shell\DomDomSoft Manga Reader Context Menu

pleasehelp Reply:

where can i find this? i really can’t open the mangareader…

Eron Reply:

Startup => Run… => Type “regedit” => OK
    And delete keys above

8. LeyleALy says:

Hey man,

I don’t know if you consider adding new sites to the coming version but you should definetly add http://www.mangainn.com/

Since it has all the latest chapters faster than the other sites…

Thanks..

9. magekt says:

i’d like to suggest that auto scrolling feature b added to the mangareader.. with adjustable speed.. ^_^

Regards
    KT

10. jason says:

Hi,
    I don’t if it is something relevent but when I open domdomsoft reader from a folder and I am still downloading from domdomsoft downloader to this folder,a few dialog box appears stating that they couldn’t open the pages where the download hasn’t finished, the problem is I can’t get out from windows explorer after that and windows explorer crash and restart, I am using windows 7

it isn’t a big problem for me I just have to wait till the chapter is completly downloaded, and I know I shouldn’t use the 2 programs simultaniously, but liked to share what happened to me,

11. phan mem nay hay day, de minh thu dung xem the nao

12. HaN says:

Can you add support for cbr and cb7 files too ? I also use Manga Reader for English comics too. It works if I change the extension to cbz. And changing the extension of many chapters or using a different reader is hard since Manga Reader is easy to use.

DomDomSoft Reply:

Yeah I will add it in next version, thanks.

13. Greg says:

Thanks for your hard work, bro
    for your amazing manga downloader and reader.

btw, can you add apng support for the manga reader? It seems like some manga scans like from japanzai use this format for their release. thx

DomDomSoft Reply:

Yeah I will consider when I have time… Currently im working on anime downloader =.=

Jason Reply:

I am so looking forward to it, be sure that I will buy the full version after a trial, even if there is no HD, keep the work we are supporting you, good luck

14. asu says:

sometimes i get an error said
    “Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Parameter is not valid” when i change chapter or click next chapter/previous chapter fastly.

15. italox says:

great job but i have a problem

i choosed the directory of all my mangas but only the first chapter shows and when press next chapter it goes to the next manga on the directory

like i wanna read ao no exorcist and shows the first chapter then press next chapter and goes to asu no yoichi

DomDomSoft Reply:

You should organize in this structure:
    folder > list of chapters folder.

italox Reply:

its organized like this
    folder of all mangas> manga folder> list of chapters folder

i selected the first but now i can’t select another folder

when i tried to change the button didn’t respond

italox Reply:

:) i run the program again and now works fine

16. gorankx says:

why is it necessary to run as admin on w7 ???
    I don’t wish to disable UAC just for that annoying little problem.

Eron Reply:

You needn’t run Domdomsoft Manga Reader as admin role on w7.
    Who did tell u must disable UAC ? I think you can enable/disable if you want.

17. Eron says:

You needn’t run Domdomsoft Manga Reader as admin role on w7.
    Who did tell u must disable UAC ? I think you can enable/disable if you want.

18. gorankx says:

Thats how it starts itself by default, it ask for admin

Eron Reply:

Ok, i’ll fix it in next version. Thanks for feedback

19. Littlefish says:

Soft dùng sử dụng có 1 lỗi nhỏ đó là khi open manga diretory rồi ấn Cancel để thoát ra không được, phải dùng nút X để thoát.

Mình dùng trên win 7 64 bit

Littlefish Reply:

Thêm nữa là con cuộn chuột ko dùng được ở menu chọn truyện :D

Eron Reply:

Có thể là vấn đề nằm ở máy của bạn.
    Mình xài win 7 64bit nhưng không xảy ra 2 lỗi trên.

20. Leinar32 says:

need some HELP!!!

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089′ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: ‘System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089′
    at SharpCompress.Archive.Zip.ZipArchive.IsZipFile(Stream stream, String password)
    at SharpCompress.Archive.ArchiveFactory.Open(FileInfo fileInfo, Options options)
    at SharpCompress.Archive.ArchiveFactory.Open(String filePath, Options options)
    at .(String , String )
    at .(Object , EventArgs )
    at .(Object , EventArgs )
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    —————————————-
    DomDomSoft Manga Reader
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DomDomSoft%20Manga%20Reader/DomDomSoft%20Manga%20Reader.exe
    —————————————-
    System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    —————————————-
    System
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    —————————————-
    System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    —————————————-
    System.Xml
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    —————————————-
    System.Configuration
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    —————————————-
    nj58y0wz
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    —————————————-
    SharpCompress.3.5
    Assembly Version: 0.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.5.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DomDomSoft%20Manga%20Reader/Config/Updater/SharpCompress.3.5.DLL
    —————————————-

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

DomDomSoft Reply:

Please try to reinstall .net framework 3.5

Lei Reply:

ahw….. ok got no choice….

line